Sunday, March 22, 2009

The past week

Most of the house is now packed, and we had two successful garage sales the past week. We said goodbye to my favorite couch, so we would have more room in the moving truck....

and now we are watching t.v. on the huge stuffed horse while laying on the floor...

While I was tending to all of the pricing questions at last Saturday's garage sale, Brian was scheming a trade with our neighbor. He (and yes, after a few hours of quietly crying on the inside I gave him my approval) traded our jet ski for a 4 month old miniature schnauzer puppy.

Some of you know that it has barely been a month since we gave Lola and Sheba to the animal shelter so they could be adopted. They kept jumping over our 6 ft fence, even when the electric fence was on, and were picked up by animal control. We could either pay the $150 in fines to get them back, or pay to get them adopted at the shelter. Since we were already trying to give them away because we figured we would most likely move to a small apartment for 4 years, there wasn't much thought in our decision. I knew that we would have to get another dog at some point because it makes Brian so happy to have one, but I was hoping to last at least 6 months to a year without one. WE DIDN'T EVEN LAST 2 MONTHS! I guess you could say that I couldn't say no to those puppy dog eyes--- and I don't mean the dog's!

I will agree that the puppy looks just like Toby which makes me automatically have a little love for him (remember I am not an animal person anyway), and I think he is really cute--but it is pretty hard not to trip over this little creature who follows me everywhere I go during the day, especially when I am moving boxes in and out of rooms. I think he stays by me, because he thinks I will keep him safe from Mya--mostly. When Brian gets home he gives everyone a hello hug and kiss and then spends the rest of the night cuddling with the dog. I suppose that is still better than all night with World of Warcraft!

The puppy's official name is Walter Wayman, because I thought it sounded funny. Since Ana loves the movie Wall-e and says it so cutely, we decided that Wall-e would be what we call him! (I vetoed Brian's name of Grayskull.) I try my best to remember his name, but my brain still wants to shout Toby--whenever I call him. He shouldn't get that much bigger, he does not shed, and is pretty quiet. Brian wishes he had a purse to carry Wall-e in, but I tell him that I absolutely hate it when people bring their pets into stores (other than real service dogs) unless it is Petsmart, so that is a NO WAY!

After the garage sale, the boys played with us, while Jes moved out.

So- this won't mean much to anyone else, but Mom, here is the photo of Ana wearing the green sweater dress. About 30 years old, and still in excellent condition :) and she had to wear her Dorothy shoes.


No comments: