In a nutshell....
I have given Mya the "chore" of emptying the silverware basket. I would estimate that she groans about this 80% of the time, but at least she does it. I try to remember to empty the dishwasher every morning before Mya goes to school, but occasionally it gets busy and I forget. In that case, the chore is passed on to Ana because she has all morning to complete it and I need it emptied. So, here is my analogy; The girls are each similar to how they organize the silverware drawer.
Ana likes one on one attention and gets jealous when anyone else is getting affection. She is has a very sweet little voice and most times, easy going temperment. She likes things organized and she will spend hours setting things up the way she likes them. When she is having fun, everyone around her enjoys her cute laughs. She usually wants to do things by herself, and has an amazingly long attention span!
Mya loves to live life and have fun. She always has to know what is going on and be in the center of everything-- good and bad. Mya has a super fast brain like Brian (ADHD?) and loves to be friends with everyone. She hates it when she is not in control, and she will let you know it! She yearns for affection, and will drop anything she is doing, if you will hold her and give her hugs and kisses.
We love you girls!
1 comment:
Yay comments! I faithfully read your blog and I love your parenting style. The silverware drawer analogy is AWESOME!!! Honestly, different personalities is one of my favorite things about being a parent. What works for one does not always work for another, it keeps life from getting mundane and boring. :)
Post a Comment