Monday, January 11, 2010

December 21, 2010 "This gets kinda' churchy"

I was watching a Nostradamus video the other day with Emily & Brian which got me thinking. I don't necessarily believe that 12/21/2012 is the day the world will end-- but my resolution is to be a noticeably better person, mother, and wife by 12/21/2012. This really isn't that far away; less than 3 years. I think that if I knew I would die in some terrible natural disaster in 3 years, that I could make it that long doing more of what I am supposed to.

I know, you are probably thinking that you should live like you are dying every day because one day you will-- but, it is a continual journey to righteousness, not just one day of all good choices. If it really takes 21 days to form a habit, then I should be regularly doing a lot more good things in 3 years than today. If anything, at least I will be consciously thinking about trying harder for awhile, and I can tell you that this is already working.

I think I am definitely more patient with others, and have been trying to solve more problems with love. I have also been reading some sort of LDS book in my spare time which keeps my mind on "goodness" throughout the day. Well, I will admit that this started because I am giving a sac mtg talk next Sunday and I wanted to be in tune to give the correct message. But the result is excellent no matter what the reason.

Anyway, here are a few more things I wanted to testify as a result of my thoughts from watching that video. I don't really believe (nor depend, thank goodness) on death bed forgiveness. I believe that the Lord will forgive you as you try to do your best everyday. I know that once you have been taught the truth, you are accountable. I am grateful that every time we come unto The Father, he will be so ready to forgive. I also know that our Heavenly Father wants to bless us with all that we righteously need, but I learned through more studying that some blessings are not given but through much prayer and fasting. I always just thought that if you fasted, you were showing more faith and humility when asking for something-- but some blessings literally may not be given unless you fast (ex: Christ casting out the devil, after the apostles couldn't make it leave). If you have been consistently praying, reading, pondering, and serving to receive an answer for something-- don't forget to FAST. That may be just what is still required for you to receive an answer, or a blessing if the Lord wants you to have it.

Sometimes life can feel really long, but with my new outlook I have more of a feeling that today is important. I am ready to start praying again for Christ to return and I hope to be ready when that prayer is answered. I have a hope for my family and friends to be ready with me. We can do it-- because with the Lord's help, it is completely attainable!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you shared a part of your testimony. You have also reminded me that I need to try to do better. Thanks for the encouragement. :)