Saturday, February 13, 2010

Valentine's Treat (in less than 10 minutes)

So who wouldn't love an easy recipe for chocolatey, peanut buttery goodness? I am telling you upfront that you will love these-- so make these when other people are around because you will definitely get sick when you devour them all by yourself!


Chocolate Peanut Butter Squares

In large bowl combine:
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup corn syrup
1 cup peanut butter
heat in microwave for 2 minutes

stir in: 1/2 tsp vanilla and 1/4 tsp salt
fold in: 1 cup rice krispies
2 cups corn flakes

Press into 9x13 pan

Melt 1 cup chocolate chips in microwave and pour on top, spreading over entire pan.
Refrigerate for 5 minutes or longer to help the chocolate set.
Enjoy!

Tips: I have found corn syrup at the Dollar Store-- as opposed to at the grocer for $3+.
Also, I have forgotten to add the vanilla and salt before, and the difference is not noticeable.

No comments: