Friday, May 15, 2009

I guess it wasn't meant to be...

Last night Brian loaded the girls into the car to pick up a few items at the store at about 7:15pm. At the last minute I decided that I would go too, and we left for about 40 minutes. When we returned home, I listened to a voicemail from our Foster Care Family Resource Consultant. She said that there were 3 children that should would like to place with us, and she knows that it's a lot, but to please call her back ASAP if we could take them. My heart raced as I screamed up the stairs to Brian, "They have 3 kids that they want to place with us! Hurry and throw me down a pen to write down the FRC's phone number!". Then we paused, and knew that we couldn't really take any more kids right now-- especially since we had no idea where we would be living in 3 months. Then there was a beep, and the second message came on. It was the same lady saying never mind and that she didn't hear from us fast enough, and she was moving on to the second family on the list. I guess it wasn't meant to be....

No comments: